Wednesday, January 12, 2011

C. labiata alba

C. labiata alba
I blogged about this plant back in December before it bloomed. Now it is open and I really like it. I bought it out of bloom but in sheath so this is my first look at the flower. At this point it has been open for a week or so, and like a lot of the species cat’s I have, the dorsal sepal is beginning to dip back. The pictures make it look further back than it seems in person, perhaps it’s the angle. I am excited to see what the plant does next year for me. The grower this plant came from does a great job, but he is a big operation and the plants don’t always get the attention I can give them here. It still has one bud in the other sheath, so I hope I get to enjoy this plant for a few more weeks. I am also curious to see if it acts more like a typical labiata next year with the double sheath.




No comments:

Post a Comment